We love wrap dresses don’t we ? Its no secret that the wrap dress is extremely slimming & flatters all body shapes. Its also a timeless addition to your wardrobe which can be styled up or toned down with the right accessories.
Accessorise it right:
A wrap dress brings emphasis to a woman’s curves, hence play it up by accessorising the neckline, waist or wrists.
- Style it with long earrings, contrast belt and a pair of stilettos to look sensuous for a date night. To look classy for a dinner, you can team it with a layered or pearl necklace, peep toes/ pumps and a clutch.
- When you are heading out with your gang of girlfriends, wear it with a chunky necklace, pair of small earrings, a tote bag and wedge heels for a casual, chic look.
- Play with various accessories based on your dress. If your dress is plain, layer on the jewellery, and if its printed, tone the accessories down.
Keep in mind, you body type:
- Apple and Pear shaped women should wear the waist tie slightly loose, as it will camouflage the & broader hipline besides making them look feminine.
- If you have a straight figure, emphasise the waist as it makes you look more curvy.
- The Inverted triangle shaped folks will appear more proportionate by wearing a bigger V neckline and preferably with ruffles or detailing at the hemline, as it distracts from the broader shoulder and heavier bust.
- The hourglass shaped women could wear a dramatic belt to enhance their waistline.
Remember, the fit of this dress is the key to looking gorgeous. The fabric should be stretchable for a fabulous fit.
While wearing a wrap dress, do ensure to wear well fitted lingerie. Needless to say, it makes a huge impact on your outfit!