Sneakers have come a long way from being just gym wear to now becoming a staple in every man’s wardrobe. Bollywood celebrities like Ranveer Singh and Ranbir Kapoor are wearing them on even the Red Carpet. We have broken down the basic styles and have some quick styling tips for you:
- Basic Sneakers or keds:
- Wear these with denim (any fit – Relaxed or slim) or chinos.
- Only for casual wear or college wear.
- Make sure they are clean.
- Best suited for younger men.
- Semi formal sneakers:
These are the upgraded versions of the basic sneakers, generally made of suede or leather:
- Wear them with trousers, slim fit denims or chinos. Avoid wearing them with shorts, if you thin legs as they can look bulky.
- Keep the upper half refined to match the shoes- Basic tees, polos and smart shirts are the best options.
- Take good care of the suede or leather. Avoid getting them wet.
- Dress them UP, not down.
- Start with basic black or tan and move onto brighter colors for sunny days or holidays.
- The sports sneakers:
All your favorite brands of sneakers have them – Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Puma.
- Find a few styles that suit your body type and stick to them.
- Avoid wearing with very loose denims. Instead wear them with joggers denims or chinos.
- Try and color match with your topwear or the details on shirt or t-shirt. Avoid tucking in your shirt.
- Avoid All- White pairs.
- High fashion sneakers:
These are the top end sneakers and not for the faint hearted as they can be pretty loud. You do not want to look like you are trying too hard when you wear these, so muted attire is the best.
- Stick with basic colors – Black , white, Grey, Red.
- Denim is your best friend – Skinny ones or ones gathered at the bottom.
- Do not overstyle the outfit. Let the sneakers do all the talking.